When it comes to home décor, people want something that looks good and says something about who they are. In a survey of more than 2,000 customers, 72.7 percent of them agreed that “The design of my furniture reflects my personality” and 67 percent of them agreed that “A lot can be said about a person from the furniture he/she owns.”
A big part of that search for the perfect décor can be found in a home’s furniture. According to a recent survey, 81 percent of respondents found quality to be the most important characteristic of their home furniture. Among sofa-buyers, 91 percent said quality and durability are very important when they make a purchase; 36 percent of respondents said they expect to keep a new sofa for 5-9 years and some expect to keep it even longer than that.
If you’re in the market for new furniture, whether you’re moving or just want to change things up at home, leather furniture is one option. The leather industry generates upwards of $53.2 billion worldwide every year and leather furniture is a big reason why. If you’re looking for furniture, leather sectional sofas or a leather recliner might be just the thing you need. Here are some benefits of owning leather furniture.
- Durability: As previously mentioned, customers browsing a rustic furniture store want pieces that last a while and leather furniture can have a very long life.
- Stain resistant: Unlike fabric, leather furniture is very stain resistant. If you’ve got company over or kids running around, chances are good that something’s going to be spilled. With leather furniture, clean-up from stains or spills is very easy.
- It looks good: Leather sectional sofas or recliners add a certain kind of rustic look to a home and look great. Since many customers have said that furniture says a lot about someone, your family and friends might feel or see a kind of elegance in your home if you own leather furniture. Leather sectional sofas might also add a trendy or contemporary look to your home. A rustic furniture store will have plenty of selection available
- High quality: Leather furniture typically falls into one of four categories: bonded, genuine, top-grain and full-grain. Regardless of which grain you choose, leather furniture is considered top-of-the-line in some circles and if you’re looking at purchasing leather sectional sofas or recliners or some other pieces, you can be assured that you’re getting something that looks classy and is resistant to cracking, peeling or sagging.
- Comfort: Leather is breathable which means when you’re sitting on your brand new recliner or leather sofa, you’re going to feel comfortable. As fabric furniture ages, it tends to fade, lose shape and wear out. Leather furniture on the other hand ages like fine wine. It gets softer and more inviting with age.
- Cost: Leather sectional sofas and loveseats might cost more up front, but you’re ultimately buying something that is durable, comfortable and ages well. In the long run, leather furniture is a wiser financial investment and also a healthier choice as it doesn’t hold allergens as easily as fabric furniture does.
Your local rustic furniture store can answer all your questions about buying leather furniture and can help you nail down the perfect piece or pieces of leather furniture for your home. If you’re in the market for something that’s not readily available, a rustic furniture store can likely either order it for you or tell you where you can find it.