The process of finding high end furnishings for your parents winter home is fun. The fact that the budget is pretty extensive means that you can search for unique pieces of furniture that can add real statements to each and every room in the new house. You have been looking online and in show rooms for luxury Italian sofas and other high end luxury furniture pieces. Once you decide on two or three options, you show them to your aunt and she makes the final decision. A couple of times she has asked for some other options, but for the most part the two of you have very similar tastes.
It is not very often that you are given free reign to fill a home with expensive and tasteful furnishings, and the fact that you can now recognize and name the basic kinds of luxury Italian sofas and the price range for other kinds of high end modern furniture is kind of unique, and fun.
Consider some of these statistics and facts and figures about the home furnishings industry in America:
- Having access to the funds to purchase high end furniture pieces allows you to make an investment in your future.
- In the year 2012, Boomers accounted for 42% of all bedding and furniture buying households.
- Go forward two year to the year 2014, and Boomers, who are currently between ages 51 and 69, comprised 29% of all buyers.
- Having luxury Italian sofas in your homes make a real statement to your family and coworkers.
- Estimates indicate that 60% of high-end home furnishings customers look for items that make them feel comfortable and calm.
- Nearly 66% of consumers cite design, features, and quality of product, as well as service as the leading factors that determined brand loyalty.
- Designers often pay a very high price for their services. If possible, it is better if you can find a friend or family member who can help you make the selections that you are looking for.
- Selecting furniture for a second home or a retirement home is fun, but it also takes some special attention to details like finding luxury Italian sofas at the most affordable prices.
- Estimates indicate that the Millennial were 14% of all buyers in the year 2012, but by the year 2014, Millennials comprised 37% of all households buying furniture and bedding, making them the largest segment of buyers.
- Leather furniture pieces are easy to care for. By simply using a conditioner every six to 12 months and wiping up spills as they occur with a clean cloth, in fact, leather furniture can look great for years. Most leather manufacturers recommend avoiding normal cleaning supplies like detergents, soaps, and solvents.
- Experts define top grain leather as being from the top 3/64 of an inch or .9 mm to 1.5 mm of the outer grain of the leather hide.
- Comfort and style are two of the biggest deciding factors in the furniture choices that most consumers make.
- The furniture and home furnishings store market generated $101.41 billion in sales in the year 2013.
- Italian made furniture is an investment that can be passed down from one generation to the next. Creating family heirlooms does not have to mean you are holding on to your grandparent’s furnishings, you can start your own family heirlooms today by making thoughtful purchases that will be treasured for years to come.
- One way to begin decorating a new space is to select one signature or stand out item that serves as a anchor point for the rest of the room. That item may be a piece of furniture, a large area rug, or a piece of artwork.
- No piece of furniture can serve its function if it is not comfortable. For this reason, many consumers want to visit a brick and mortar show room to actually try out the pieces that they are considering.
- Show rooms can offer an opportunity to try out different kinds of custom crafted furniture.
The task of making HIGH END SELECTIONS of furniture takes time and careful consideration. When you are investing in furniture it is important to select items that are both comfortable and reliable. If you select wisely, you may find pieces that will become family heirlooms that will be passed on from one generation to the next.